Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catback exhausts in Melb Metro

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Hi guys.

Just want a few recommendations from anyone who has ever had a 2.5" catback exhaust fitted somewhere in the melbourne metro area.

Looking to finally get one for my VXS2 V6 ecotec.

Basically just want to know where to go, what product to ask for and how much I will have to spend. $$$ doesnt matter so much as I believe you get what you pay for!!! Looking for a nice note (and yes I know its only a v6 :yeah:). At a stretch I may even consider headers as well.

Also preferable to anyone who is open saturdays as I work 50hrs+ each week in Altona which makes anything hard mon-fri. Any help appreciated.

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
i have always been a fan of fast fit

usually if you go down there and tell them what you are after they can help you out
and they are open on Saturdays

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
i like performance exhausts in ringwood, they don't talk ****, just give you the best advice, and great workmanship.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hallam Performance and Exhausts. Ask for Barney. Top blokes there, no bull**** or fart assing around. Prices are pretty good too. I go only there when it comes to exhaust stuff. They always have mint cars in there too being dyno tuned and what not, so you can have a perve on the cars while you are waiting.

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
performance exhaust in ringwood is suposedly the best in the eastern suburbs, i got my system done there. they know what they are talking about & were helpful when i asked them a million questions...

i got a catback system, redback muffler & reso, stainless steel 2.5" dual tips & also got pacemaker extractors. all up was around the 1K mark inc. installation, hope that helps mate

Cheers,
Infin8

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
the place i go to is autoxcess in nunawading. theyve done my exhausts, and also my cooler piping for cheap as a weekend job. they will do saturday work from what i can remember. The guy there is an exhaust supplier, so I think he is a bit cheaper because of that.

45 Terracotta Drive, Nunawading 3131.
9898 5000

i got a similar system to the one mentioned in the post above for about $600 installed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II 2000 Calais Supercharged V6
i got mine done for my s/c vt2 calais done at autofast mufflers in dandy for 550, did a good job, attention to detail and only took 30 mins or so