Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mitch94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
Hi guys, new to the forums and to commodores (not too cluey with car's)

the first mod i wanna do is make it sound grunty with that slow wind to it, i've heard 2.5 inch redback systems on youtube and it sounds great

my vs commodore / new exhaust - YouTube

any suggestions for where to take it to get it done and price (including labour)? or any other nice sounding catback's ?
would it be easy to put on myself? any other suggestions on what next to do the commie?

here's a link to my VS:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/224526-first-commodore-96-vs-berlina.html

thanks for reading :beer chug:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
the first mod i wanna do is make it sound grunty with that slow wind to it
my vs commodore / new exhaust - YouTube

Just sounds like mang to me.

Redback and lukey despite what all the P platers on JC say sound average these days (old school lukey was good when they made them properly)

Search for Not_an_abba_fan on these forums.

He sells Manta systems which are probably the best sounding V6 system I have heard for a while (and he is sometimes cheaper than buying a redback/lukey off the shelf from a store, and they get shipped to your door which is an added bonus)

It will be a direct bolt on so you can fit it in your drive way with around half an hour and a couple of beers.

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
^^ What he said ^^
Manta has a much nicer note to it and nearly no drone from what ive listened to..

Still need to buy mine sometime :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
got the redback on my vs wagon. sounds alright i reckon. about 300 bucks fitted i think and 90ish for a tip. vt tip on mine.

fitting it urself can be a prick sometimes. mufflers get siezed on etc, fitment,rubbing issues. i just give it to the experts when it comes to exhausts.

mate if ur gonna mod it, just buy an 8. a 6 will never satisfy u.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
mate if ur gonna mod it, just buy an 8. a 6 will never satisfy u.

How do you know what'll satisfy him? Every bloke and his galah has an LS1 with an OTR and 2.5" twin. I see more dicks in V8's manging up the road then V6's.

Anyway, back on topic. I'd be fitting it with a HSV catback, but I'm weird like that. All others aside, the Manta's are great quality.

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
well i dont know, just as you also do not. im giving my opinion based on experience. he said, "what other mods should i do to it?" so could spend thousands on mods when he could spend less and just buy a 5litre for couple grand. same or more power and imo cant beat the sound and feel of an 8, and then u can mod that if u want. also the fuel consumption of a wel maintained stock 5 litre would be on par or better than a modded v6, especially on the highway.
majority of forum members are always looking for more and more, im just suggesting skipping a wasteful early step.

just my 2 cents. not looking for a beef. opinions and advice are here to take or leave.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
well i dont know, just as you also do not. im giving my opinion based on experience. he said, "what other mods should i do to it?" so could spend thousands on mods when he could spend less and just buy a 5litre for couple grand. same or more power and imo cant beat the sound and feel of an 8, and then u can mod that if u want. also the fuel consumption of a wel maintained stock 5 litre would be on par or better than a modded v6, especially on the highway.
majority of forum members are always looking for more and more, im just suggesting skipping a wasteful early step.

just my 2 cents. not looking for a beef. opinions and advice are here to take or leave.

I'm gonna take your same theory, and spin it on its ass.

OP, just dump a V12 in it.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Where in brissy mate I could possibly recommend a few shops

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
u just went full retard. u never go full retard.

Well considering i was following your lead.....you thought that using that line was appropriate?