Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catch Can - suggestions

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
So you can get it at Coles? ;)
Yes you can, as in, if you need some I can meet you at my local Coles and lay enough on you to use in the SAAS catch can

I think it cost me about $10 for a 150 x 150 x 1000 lump of the stuff from Revolution Racegear 10 years ago

I've used about 1/2 of it so far when building or buying air oil seperators

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes you can, as in, if you need some I can meet you at my local Coles and lay enough on you to use in the SAAS catch can

I think it cost me about $10 for a 150 x 150 x 1000 lump of the stuff from Revolution Racegear 10 years ago

I've used about 1/2 of it so far when building or buying air oil seperators
Your local Coles is about 8 hours away from me, and pot scrubbers are so much cheaper...
Not that I need it, the Elite Engineering catch can has stainless wool fitted as standard.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Your local Coles is about 8 hours away from me, and pot scrubbers are so much cheaper...
Not that I need it, the Elite Engineering catch can has stainless wool fitted as standard.
This one?

images.jpeg-7.jpg

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Just a tip with those ones, get some stainless steel wool from woolies like this

ms12000-vp.png

Pack it into the middle of the catch can to do some proper baffling. This will aid in separateing the oil from the vapours being drawn back into the PCV.

Expensive catch cans have stuff like this built in as catching the oil is only one part of a good catch can, the other part is separating oil residue from the vapours being sent back into the intake.

If you do some googling you'll see this is a pretty common trick for cheap catch cans and it will make a massive difference for a $2 mod.
I went a step further. I put a partition down the middle to separate the inlet and outlet with a 20mm gap at the bottom with steel wool in the inlet side.