Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catch Cans

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Hey Gm gen3, dont have a pic but let me see if i can explian it . In the pic you posted.The oil/gases get sucked out of the valley an put back in the manifold. The vt/vx setup takes the oil/gases from the back of both rocker covers an then puts it back into the manifold. sorry if this dosent make sense but i tried editing the image you posted but it wouldnt let me upload it after i did.??? im no good with computers.

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
Hey Gm gen3, dont have a pic but let me see if i can explian it . In the pic you posted.The oil/gases get sucked out of the valley an put back in the manifold. The vt/vx setup takes the oil/gases from the back of both rocker covers an then puts it back into the manifold. sorry if this dosent make sense but i tried editing the image you posted but it wouldnt let me upload it after i did.??? im no good with computers.

Yeah mate thanks any info helps i just wanted a pic to be 100% sure I'm getting it right don't want to mess it up cheers guys

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Kevs spot on. Top one is the vt/vx setup, bottom one is vy onwards.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
My vote goes for the Elite, top notch in my book.
I added extra stainlesssteel wool to the bottom half.
Makes a little hareder to clean as the wool needs cleaning but it mkaes sure none of that nasty oil mist goes back into the engine.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Yes, it would clearly show you the volume of oil vapour being fed back through your intake system to be burned off. If you find it full and clogged in two weeks or so you know you'll need a proper catch can, but I'd it only has a few drops then you're golden to keep using it and just cleaning it regularly.

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Yes, it would clearly show you the volume of oil vapour being fed back through your intake system to be burned off. If you find it full and clogged in two weeks or so you know you'll need a proper catch can, but I'd it only has a few drops then you're golden to keep using it and just cleaning it regularly.

Thanks muchly - that's exactly what I needed to know!

cheers,