Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catch cans

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Gets looking for a catch can. What are ppl running in their setups. Have a alloytec. Heard elite engineering are good but pricy. Will cheap drift brand work or will I have to fill it with steel wool. There is a company selling baffled catch cans but retail 120. Anyone interested in a group buy?
Company original auto parts.

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
I have one of those from opg, it works which is a plus ha ha. Comes with steel wool already in it aswell.

Only bad thing about it is the mounting hardware it comes with isn't the best, but it does the job

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Do you reckon the opg catch can is worth it or better getting a cheap one and filling it with wool myself

V SPEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Rx performance can, and breather kit.
Little exe, but ain't any good running a half arsed setup.
And I hope that you intend on mounting it correctly, not just inline with the clean air line that comes from the air intake pipe.
If you read this link, it should give you a nice insight.

http://Forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=16756

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Yeah definitely gonna do it properly but don't have a huge budget for a can. Was thinking the opg can.

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
How much you get it for landed in aus wogboys? I only have a stock v6 with Orssom otr so is it necessary to spend big or will a basic one work fine

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Oh man i cant remember ay this is going back a yr or so i cant remember if it was $120 or $220 to my door lol i didnt get mine from USA tho I emailed Elite and they gave me a link to a mob in Aus that sells them, so i just got it from that mob

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
On my SSV I've got an Elite Engineering catch can, love it! Blends into the engine bay very nicely and looks stock, as for how well it works, it's only been on the car for 3 weeks (about 500kms lol)
I think I paid $230 delivered from Justin at Tuff Car Parts.

On my SV6 I've got a cheap Drift Catch can, still need to connect it up and get some sort of steel wool etc for inside, paid $80 or something from Autobarn.

Comparing the Drift can to Elite, Elite is definitely the way to go in regards to quality!

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
What do these catches do? And are they a performance mod?