Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catch cans

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
it should be connected on whatever line runs back into the intake or plenum usually after the pcv, as the idea is to stop oil venting back into the intake system.

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Would there be 2 pcvs on a v6 or just 1?
Cause im confused some people run it like jim and pther run it from the other line im not 100% sure which the pcv is

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Bigjim is the catchcan on the sv6 on the pcv?
Cause others ive seen are run on the other line that runs from passangers side rocker cover the the intake pipe just womdering where is best to run it from and too

If you read through my post you'll find your answer, but I'll say it again.

The V6 has 2 breather lines/PCV, one comes from the back of the passenger side rocker cover, the other, the back of the drivers side rocker cover.
The line from the passenger side goes into the intake pipe, the drivers side goes straight into the manifold.
The line going directly into the manifold has a greater vacuum than the other line. You can fit the Catch Can to either of these lines, but I've chosen the line that goes to the manifold as the Catch Can should 'perform' better

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Does anyone know if both lines could be plumed into the one catch can? Im guessing it would be quite a mess around seeing one will have the larger vacuum (as bigjim has said) due to the pressure difference inside the manifold versus the intake piping..

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Does anyone know if both lines could be plumed into the one catch can? Im guessing it would be quite a mess around seeing one will have the larger vacuum (as bigjim has said) due to the pressure difference inside the manifold versus the intake piping..
You could probably run two catch cans if you really wanted too, one mounted where I've got mine, but connected to the passenger side breather.
Then run the second catch can how vongy10 has.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I put mine in the same spot as jim's ssv.

2012-08-12-030.jpg

Can you still get your engine cover on?

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
You could probably run two catch cans if you really wanted too, one mounted where I've got mine, but connected to the passenger side breather.
Then run the second catch can how vongy10 has.

I thought of that but I would rather one.. was just wondering whether you could plum both pcv lines into one can, I guess not..

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Can you still get your engine cover on?

I probably would be able to if I got the can about a couple inches down. Would have to cut a bit out of the cover if I leave the can like that with the cover on.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks for that guys.