Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cats and Hotdogs :)

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
well i have pacemaker headers, hi-flow cat, 2.5" mandrel bent lukey exhaust with hi-flow glass packed muffler and a resonator. it's not loud until you put your foot down, but when putting around it has a nice note. when you get up over 3000rpm it really starts to growl. although it took 3 months to wear in and get the sound. unfortunately i don't have a sound file. when i gave a guy a listen at work he was real impressed and others walked out of the fitting bays to see what was making the noise. it has a nice almost soft burble at idle too.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
the whole exhaust from the cat back is two piece. the muffler is welded in. i'm fairly certain you can buy the muffler separate. i can get the part number from work but won't be til friday as its my day off tomorrow. the system from the cat back cost me $300 but that was almost cost price.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
as ive posted in another section, hear is my exhaust note,
just close ur eyes and listen:whistling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIJbXUWsXw0
extractor, high flow cat, and 2.25 straght thought muffler and no resinator (rear muffler)

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
that sounds good. what brand muffler is it? and extractors?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Extractors - not sure on brand, cant find any marks on them. got them off my old vl
Cat Back - no brand, was $200 fitted at profix, i know it will eventully crap it self but it will hold till i work fulltime
Cat - off my old vl, was told its highflow. has AC Australia stamped on it if i rember right

and at that time i was pissed off with my car as the CAS had craped it self and was running ruff as guts, sounded like it had a chunky cam in it

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
well it sounds good. i'm hoping to hear a vl with stainless steel exhaust cos i'm thinking of getting one when my system eventully dies. which won't be for a while as it's relatively new.