Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cats and Hotdogs :)

nvs_sle

Selling 20's and Stereo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Caprice
Hey guys, i got a fairly stock 3.0 with CAI extractors n a 2.5" exhaust with the stock mufflers, im thinking of changing the rear with a hotdog or there abouts, and i also have a new hiflo cat at home, if i were to put the cat and hotdog on at the same time, would i have issues with lost back pressure? or should i be right.
cause im also getting abou a 68 or 70mm throttle body soon which will mean more flow.
cheers

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
The rear 'muffler' is not a muffler. it's a resonator. you don't need to have it by law. i have mine though just to stop the 'drone' of the exhaust while doing highway runs. it also helps to keep a bit of back pressure. i'd change the muffler to a straight through muffler cos the stock ones stagger in the flow, ie the in and out of the muffler is not inline. Is the exhaust mandrel bent?

nvs_sle

Selling 20's and Stereo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Caprice
yeah all the pipes are mandrel bent, im considering either taking off the rear resonator completely or having a hotdog there to give it a bit of sound and reduce some drone aswell... does anyone know roughly how much a hotdog resonator is? aswell as another straight through muffler to replace the centre one?

warney

did you say bukakki party
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL skid car what else are they built to do
i have a hotdog sitting under my house its as good as brand new $50 and its urs its 2.5inch aswell

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I wouldn't worry about putting the hiflow cat on.. I hate the things.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
just don't put a cannon on. i'll have to b#tch slap you if you do ;)

nvs_sle

Selling 20's and Stereo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Caprice
hahaha i would b**** slap myslef i ever went for a cannon!! ahaha, nah they dont sound ricey, they hava a nice deep burble, well with a v8 anyway but its an all round good sound.....NVU, dont mean to seem a bit vague but what is it :p how much do the lukey or redback hotdogs retail for? anyone know