Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

caution: when replacing battery

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
a heads-up for ve owners who need to replace their batterys, in a holden tech bulletin it was stated that the replacement battery MUST be the same capacity (cca and rc) as the battery specifications are stored in the computer,

thus, the ecu alters the altinators output according to capacity of the factories battery,

failure to do this will result in flat batterys, wear them out quicker as the car is not out-putting the required current to keep the higher capacity battery charged

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I read a while ago that there was a problem relating to batteries in the VZ's. Something about the ECU not switching charge over to it until the car has been driven for a certain amount of time.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
I read a while ago that there was a problem relating to batteries in the VZ's. Something about the ECU not switching charge over to it until the car has been driven for a certain amount of time.

cant say i have heard of any power related problems with the vz so that would be new to me if its true

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
****! and that was gonna be the first thing to change when I get mine! Holden don't put decent bloody batteries in them to begin with! it's pathetic in this day and age! out of curiosity what is the CCA of the VE battery andy?

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I think it is 460cca, that is what it shows on my Calais but other models might be different. It might depend on what model you buy??

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
****! and that was gonna be the first thing to change when I get mine! Holden don't put decent bloody batteries in them to begin with! it's pathetic in this day and age! out of curiosity what is the CCA of the VE battery andy?

they are a 'euro' style battery and i think they are 105rc 460cca, so they have got a bit of power,

thats still a fair bit of power for an alloytec, i flatterend mine in my vz after leaving the cd player going for decent amount of time, battery was on 11 odd volts and recorded a low of 8 volts with the inital crank, but it still started like brand new

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
That's not bad if you only flattened it once I flattened mine 3 times just by leaving the key in ac not with anything turned on.
One good thing was when I got it going I only had to go around the block once and it was back to normal. no special charge up or anything.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Thanks guys :)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
****! and that was gonna be the first thing to change when I get mine