Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CCTV - Shed

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Excessive is a point of view - I've personally been involved in three accounts where evidence provided by 500/700tv line analogue cameras wasn't deemed clear enough to prosecute.
PTZ cameras are pretty awesome though!

IP Camera's are great. The programming options and choices you have in setup make them fantastic for installers looking for an exact setup (Once they understand them). But along with the price, they bring another issue to the table; Networking. They require a much more complicated setup to take full functionality of their design.

I understand your concern about the clarity of an image from a low-res camera, however I've never had a problem where a prosecution hasn't taken place due to the image clarity from a Bosch camera that we use. ( I know the way I'm talking about them, I could be easily mistaken for having shares in the company, but we've always been happy with them, and so have our customers).

I share your same viewpoint though on PTZ camera's. Awesome.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Its a no-name camera...like most of the stuff that comes out of the Shenzen shitpits, I wouldn't really expect much from it. Certainly not what I'd expect from a good Pelco, Pacom, Bosch, Panasonic, Sony, or any other decent brand camera. (I know the brands I mentioned cost serious money, but like anything else, you get what you pay for)

And if you've got the money, another vote for Bosch - I work in the field and agree that Bosch makes an absolutely beautiful camera. They're easy to set up, offer damn good image quality (especially the HD's), and we barely have to return any for repair/replacement.

str8vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Its a no-name camera...like most of the stuff that comes out of the Shenzen shitpits, I wouldn't really expect much from it. Certainly not what I'd expect from a good Pelco, Pacom, Bosch, Panasonic, Sony, or any other decent brand camera. (I know the brands I mentioned cost serious money, but like anything else, you get what you pay for)

And if you've got the money, another vote for Bosch - I work in the field and agree that Bosch makes an absolutely beautiful camera. They're easy to set up, offer damn good image quality (especially the HD's), and we barely have to return any for repair/replacement.

Can you recommend some specific cameras with "night vision" between $100-$300..?