Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CD copy wont play in the VX factory player...

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
wifey tried to play her CD copy in the VX factory player and said it wont play.... my bought Slim Dusty CD plays every time... any help on this prob ?

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Make sure its not in MP3 format or on a Re-Writable disc...

Mine won't play re-writable discs.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Depends on the type of CD too.. Mine plays Imation and TDK gold, but struggles with some shitty brands of CDR's..

N

noddy9

When you burn CD's only burn at 8x or 4x. My last car (VX wagon) could play up to 24x when burnt. Some personnel stereos (especially older ones) won't play burnt CD's if written too fast. It seems that the newer the stereo, the faster they can read.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
noddy9 said:
When you burn CD's only burn at 8x or 4x. My last car (VX wagon) could play up to 24x when burnt. Some personnel stereos (especially older ones) won't play burnt CD's if written too fast. It seems that the newer the stereo, the faster they can read.
i will have to try that.

the stacker in the clubby boot doesnt play burnt cds. yes i use tdk gold and imation gold and no success and yes its a music cd and not a data/mp3 disc....
which means i now have to install a new pioneer double din, speakers and subs just to play my dvd and mp3 discs.....oh well :yeah:

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Also, it seems to work better if you dont copy 'on the fly'