Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cd Player Install

Sambo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I m wanting to find someone you can install a car cd stacker on my VP. Can anyone reccomend me anyone? Relaible and cheap.

cheers
Sambo

D

dumpd6

have u already got the stacker?? why not install it your self it isnt really that hard all you have to do is run the wires from the boot or where ever it is straight to the head unit just tuck the wires under things and use a few zip ties easy does it will save you **** loads of money

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Not too sure if I'm missing the obvious or what but........where the hell are you, that might help in giving you some advice on who to use....not much good in me telling you who in queensland if you live in perth. Unless of cause its required for work and you want a really BIG tax deduction this year!!!!

But as "dumpd8" why not give it a go yourself? Providing you have a head unit that supports the changer it is not too hard, power (don't forget the fuse), earth and the wiring to the stereo.

Regards Guy

Sambo

Reaction score
I live in Melbourne. Forest Hill Area.
My mate is selling his Honda Prelude 1989 model, so i m taking his Sony head unit and stacker, and replacing my old head unit. So i m after an install guy(does not have to be a proffesional, someone who knows what there doing). I would do it myself, but i ve never done it before. Is there a step by step manual somewhere? I also wanted to take out his speakers..

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
i had never put a head unit and speakers in a vs before but once you start you soon learn where things are and how they come apart and go back together it's not all that difficult to give it a go if you get stuck give a hoy on here someone will be online to help.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
If you do it yourself MAKE SURE you mark EVERY wire (even if someone else is installing it for you). Especially the power and accessory and earth wires. Make dam sure you do this else the ubit will be worthless if you wire the wrong wire to the wrong spot.

If you do this the worst part is fitting the unit and running the wires.

Regards Guy

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
If you dont wanna do it yourself (which would save you heaps) just run down to JB and get them to do it for you. You pay a bit but if they stuff something up it's not like they are going anywhere fast..

Sambo

Reaction score
Took both cars to Gary's car audio, and they only charged me $165 for a swap over of two units. They did a great job with the wiring!

B

blanch

So he would want to do a good job too... VP, bud, would have taken him about two hours tops (including lunch!) Next time don't be scared to have a go yourself you can't go wrong. Wiring looms are designed to be fool proof. Good ones will even have tabs on them to let you know where to put each wire. another place to source is your system manual. (if you lost it you could always download it, or one similar) It will have everything you need to know about wiring to an external stacker.