Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CD stuck in my in dash stacker today!

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
Hi,

My in dash stacker gave me an error message today when I started up, saying "Mechanism Error", and I found out that the 2 CDs in there r stuck and the unit cant play, eject or load any more CDs....mmm...Very annoying coz it gives me a very loud BEEP BEEP BEEP noise when I start my car every time!

Any chance to fix it or not? Not that it matters to me coz I listen to either radio or MP3s via Aux on my phone.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
You can fix it, however its a radio out from the car, and take it apart type job.
(Will take you a couple of hours to do, but at least the problem will be fixed).

This page will give you information on how to remove the headunit form the car,
as well as take it apart.
(You will need to physically eject the CDs from the CD Mech unit by hand, once you have removed the mech unit from the headunit.
www.carmodder.com • Programming the Colour LCD HVAC / Radio for the Holden VE Commodore

Hope this helps.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
mine did this aswell.so while i pondered whether to pull out the head unit or not i just kept on trying to eject the cd for about a week.really pissed me off but it finally came out and hasnt done it again since.go figure?

Reaction score
Website
www.bkwheels.com.au
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I know a guy at redcliffe way that does all the jobs for our cars. He replaces the laser reader too which i believe is the cause of the issue. If you don't feel up to it yourself i think he charges us about 330 for cd player to be pulled out and replace the laser. I tried doing it once myself but broke the antenna plug which ended up costing me more. :doh: