Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CD Stuck

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
My head unit (Stock) has decided to completly ignore the fact it has a CD function. My CD wont, play, eject or anything. The CD button simply mutes the radio and I want my CD back. (sob):( HELP I;m sinking!!! no really any idea how to fix it, it;s driving me nuts.

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
This happened in my VY. Had to pull the CD player out and gentle move cogs etc to remove the CD and reset the mechanism to think no CD was loaded. After this, Worked like a charm..

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
the second sounds better to me. A VY has a different head unit does it not? (mine has a Eurovox)

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
Krustyone said:
This happened in my VY. Had to pull the CD player out and gentle move cogs etc to remove the CD and reset the mechanism to think no CD was loaded. After this, Worked like a charm..

got the cd out but how do you reset the mechanism. The machine still thinks it's in there. Not that it done anything with it when it was.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
This used to happen to me a fair bit in the last couple of months. I'd just keep pressing eject and with an old cd I don't listen to, slide it into the mouth and wriggle it a bit. Usually got it to eject.

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
Does your stock HU have a very tiny hole somewhere on it?

Might be a reset button somewhere on it that'll re-flash the primary firmware on the HU back to it's factory default. Might work.

Otherwise, it's time to install a new HU :)

Just pull it out and crack it open to get your CD and buy an aftermarket HU.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
this will seem silly to you guys but i like having the stock HU. I'll have a look for that hole. thanks

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
If you do have a series 2 radio, pull the volume knob off. There is a reset button behind it.:thumbsup:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
unfurtantly you are not looking for a software reset. Although it may work as it may cause the mchanism to reset themselves but if not you will have to re-open the unit and I would suggest getting a shop to look at it. Explain what happened and they cfan reset it in a matter of minutes.