Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

center facia

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GTO, VS S3 Ute, WB UTE, J10 Jeep
least that answered my question..

I wont be adding the flip down drink holders to my non-climate control car...

DOH!

Why can't you put the cup holder surround on a non climate control car?

SV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VN Clubsport
i have the holden fitting instructions for the ashtray i will scan them and post them up if you want

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
because the silver surround where the cupholders are is intact with the climate control facia.

I have done a quick search and can't find the cup holder surround for the Non climate cars. All I can find is a cup holder surround for climate cars

Don't they make a cup holder surround for NON climate cars?

Ash tray install is easy
Here is a pic. I also used Phreddy install doc as well

Just remember when you get the Ashtray to also get the Facia for the ashtray too

Attachments

• scan0003Large.jpg
    scan0003Large.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 339
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hi there,

You can buy the centre climate control facia from holden for $65.00 with the met grey surround. You then need to take the tool of your preferred choise and cut out the centre of each facia then swap them over with the help of either a plastic weld or some good glue and there you go a non climate control facia with drink holders.

But there is the problem, the drink holders, see they don't come with the centre facia from Holden for $65.00 but there only a whopping $138.50 from Holden EACH, ouch I know, so this is where I am up to, waiting for a cheap pair of drink holders, damm even one just to get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps, Pat

PS any one out there wanting to sell there drink holders for a cheaper price than Holden give me a yell.

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi there,

You can buy the centre climate control facia from holden for $65.00 with the met grey surround. You then need to take the tool of your preferred choise and cut out the centre of each facia then swap them over with the help of either a plastic weld or some good glue and there you go a non climate control facia with drink holders.

But there is the problem, the drink holders, see they don't come with the centre facia from Holden for $65.00 but there only a whopping $138.50 from Holden EACH, ouch I know, so this is where I am up to, waiting for a cheap pair of drink holders, damm even one just to get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps, Pat

PS any one out there wanting to sell there drink holders for a cheaper price than Holden give me a yell.

Thanks for the info, Just a bit of Dremmel work and glue or resin

Got a price from Holden before Xmas for the Climate surround and it was $200. I am not sure if it came with cupholders. But it must do for that price

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
$200, ok, ummm not to sure there but the one I bought has a standard top on it, not gauges or flip up box. But it was $65.00 at the Holden dealership in Townsville QLD.

Then just hack them apart and hack then back together again.

Swinghammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
$200, ok, ummm not to sure there but the one I bought has a standard top on it, not gauges or flip up box. But it was $65.00 at the Holden dealership in Townsville QLD.

Then just hack them apart and hack then back together again.

Spoke to the parts bloke today and he gave me the wrong part and price.

The proper price is $65 for surround and $130 for each cupholder
I wish it was $200.

My GTO has the cupholders. A mate saw mine and wanted some too. so I said I will try and get some prices for him.

Maybe could get them from a wreck for him, But not sure what model Commodore came out with cupholders in them?