Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Console display not working

JJwest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi Guys

New dude here, Problem with my VF :(

So I had the car battery run flat "Stupid of me" and had it jump started. But when I had it running back again, the Central Console does not display anything anymore, like completely black. But weird is that the radio is still playing and I can turn it on and Off using the main button, the steering wheels button's does not work as well. Turning off the car leaves the Radio still turned on so I have to manually turn it off, Can it be a Fuse issue or something?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Make sure your battery is well charged , then disconnect it , press some buttons to ensure all power is drained as the amp can hold power for a while , then reconnect

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Flattening the battery can cause you to lose some of the car's settings and do other strange things. There is a setting in the Configuration menu (if only you could see it :) ) to turn off the display (Config / Display Settings / Display Off), but touching any button or the screen itself should make the display return. The radio should turn off automatically when you turn off the engine and open the driver's door.

If all the above (including kleanphil's tip) don't work, give the car a few days and starts to try to recover its default settings.

JJwest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Make sure your battery is well charged , then disconnect it , press some buttons to ensure all power is drained as the amp can hold power for a while , then reconnect

Thank you Sir,

Will try that and see how it goes, thank you for the help.

:D

JJwest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Flattening the battery can cause you to lose some of the car's settings and do other strange things. There is a setting in the Configuration menu (if only you could see it :) ) to turn off the display (Config / Display Settings / Display Off), but touching any button or the screen itself should make the display return. The radio should turn off automatically when you turn off the engine and open the driver's door.

If all the above (including kleanphil's tip) don't work, give the car a few days and starts to try to recover its default settings.

Awesome, will give this a shot to, cross fingers this can be fixed without going to a mechanic specially this holiday season. :(

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Factory reset... through MyLink menu. Without access to that, it's a blinder.

But I suspect it is a fuse that has gone that controls the display coming on (fuses in left hand panel of wagon cargo and also front right side instrument cluster/large plastic panel removed gently with a flat blade screwdriver).

You did jump start using the provisioned terminals in the engine bay, not directly on the battery in the back?

Take it to a mechanic to have this sorted out rather than go through endless speculation and fix attempts. It could be something more serious than e.g a blown fuse, and potentially have sequalae on other instruments.

JJwest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6

Dduuudddeeee.... 5star for you sir. Did what you said and it worked the treat. Thank you sir

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Glad you managed to get it fixed - well done!! :D