Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central lock issue, need help

P

punhatch

Hi all, recently purchased a VR wagon and realise the flash light is not flashing when i lock the car. It does flash twice when i unlock it tho.
Could it be my BCM faulty? I'm in the process installing my alarm and whenever i try to lock my car, the alarm siren will go off, therefore, i have to reset my alarm again.

Please i need help to solve this issue.

Cheers,

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have had the exact same thing happen and it was the wire in the drivers door loom broken inside the door ......the brown/orange wire to be exact.
It was probably from flexing a couple of million times from the door opening and closing and it took me a long time to find it.
It might be a good idea to source a new one or good secondhand one and replace the whole drivers door loom as other wires could be on the way out too.The loom plugs up inside the pillar near the kick panel goes through the rubber grommet/conduit and feeds mirrors, locks.power windows and door speakers.
The wires actually break inside the insulation and you cant tell they are broken....I took the loom out and unwrapped the tape for about 30 cm back from the door connector until they are just single wires pull on each of them and the insulation stretches and breaks revealing the broken wire.

P

punhatch

If that's the case, will the central locking still work?

Cos if the wire broken, then i assume the central lock will not work at the same time, unless the Brown/Red wire is only sending the signal to the flasher?

Cheers,

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Its the signal that the driver door sends the bcm (lock request)to tell all the other doors to lock.Try pushing down the drivers door lock...all the other doors dont lock when you do if the wire is broken.
Usually when you press the remote the bcm sends the lock pulse to all the motors.
It doesnt flash now to alert you as far as the detection of the drivers door motor goes ....it say it hasnt locked cause it doesnt get the request from the motor with the wire broken.

P

punhatch

ar.. now it makes sense to me. I will try to call some wrecking yard and see.

No wonder my front speaker doens't work sometimes. :yeah:

Any idea how much is the door loom?

Cheers,

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Cheap as cause every vs and maybe vr have them standard..shouldnt be more than 25 bucks...just a arsehole to get it out especially the cable ties that push through holes to mount the loom inside the door.

P

punhatch

Got a quote for $22, will go and get it tomorrow. Goanna be fun to install it lol.

Thankx for your information.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Let me know how it goes....this forum is close to the best in australia for commodore info...dont ya reckon?

P

punhatch

So far today is only my frist day registered on this forum lol. Since i only purchased the car few days ago. But yea it's great that i got the information at the same day. Thankx