Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central locking Deadlock issue 2003 commodore VY

Brandon90

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Commordore VY
Hi!

I recently bought a 2003 Holden VY commodore. Everything was working fine on it until yesterday. I think I engaged the deadlock on the car by pressing the lock button on my car key remote twice. Since then I haven't been able to unlock the passenger door and 2 back doors. When I press the unlock button once I hear the front door open and when I press it any time after that I can hear something moving but nothing happens. I tried again today with the 2 back doors. I was able to pry up the rod for the lock on the back left door ( after snapping off the knob )

After I got the lock up I was able to open the back left door and the lock was able to move freely. I could lock and unlock this door now. I read somewhere that if I turned the key in the driver side door anticlockwise twice and then clockwise once that it would open all of the doors so I tried this.

This relocked the back door ( so the lock mechanism motor works ) but did nothing to the other doors. Before I locked the back door again I removed the trim. I am able to unlock the back left door by pulling up on the rod for the lock and once it has been pulled up once it goes back to working normally.

Any ideas what is happening / what I should do?