Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

central locking diagram for a VN

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
does any one have a central locking diagram for a VN?

wire colours and what each wire does

i have a VG ute and have put central locking in out of a vq, the wiring plugs were stuffed so i had to put on new ones and now i think i have mixed up where each wire is ment to go

i am having a problem the lock on my left side unlocks both sides but only locks the left side, the right side locks both sides but but deadlocks when i lock it but it doesnt deadlock the left side.

i hope someone can understand what i am saying, i think i have the wires mixed up somewhere.

can someone help with a detailed diagram if possible, the more detailed the better.

thanks
Ben

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
The passenger side lock will unlock all but will only lock itself when using the key in the passenger lock if the barrel micro-switch is not connected or installed. It is normally mounted the the inside part of the handle mechanism. The micro-switch is a 2 wire switch

Now, black/red and black/yellow operate the actuators to lock and unlock. black/blue is the deadlock function and receives +12v.
Does the door barrel lock in the deadlock position? If so this is your driver's door deadlock as the actuator does not actually deadlock but from VT II on-wards it will. You may not have the micro-switch installed on this either. The micro-switch should be a 3 wire switch.

Remote locking is operated by orange/brown and orange/yellow from the central locking module and receives -12v (earth)

Unfortunately I have sold the old VN I converted and do not have the diagrams any more.

I have also had a malfunction due to the micro-switches being missing and the only way to make the system work again was to put +12V to Black/Blue to dead lock then signal the remote to unlock the locks.

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
ok i undestand what you are saying but my drivers door deadlocks insted of just locking, i mean the acuator deadlocks its self, i have changed it over to one i know works without issue and it does the same thing so thats what has got me thinking it is the wiring

yes i have the mirco switch installed on the drivers door, it unlocks when i turn the key to unlock, i dont have the mirco switch on the passenger side

the key lock does deadlock when i turn it 90 degrees anticlockwise.

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
When you say the plugs were damaged, which ones do you mean? Is it the ones that plug into the actuator?
If it is the ones on the actuator you may have installed them in the wrong position. The only reason why it would deadlock instead of locking is that the Black/Blue wire is in place of one of the Black/Yellow or Black/Red. I believe that Black/Blue remains earthed while the door barrel is not dead-locked but will supply +12v when it is dead-locked.

The micro-switch is not critical on the passenger door as all it does is tell the system to lock.

Ok, both front actuators should have a Black running to them which is earth.
Black/Blue should run from the driver's micro-switch to the front passenger and rear doors.
Black/Yellow should run to the micro-switches in the actuators on all doors but the drivers will run to the actuator motor.
Black/Red should run to all actuator motors.
Brown/Orange should run to the micro-switches in both front doors.
Brown/Red should only run to the driver's actuator micro-switch.
Red/Yellow should run the the driver's door handle micro-switch.

Black/Red will have +12V when unlocking
Black/Yellow will have +12V when locking.

The wire information came from a VR manual but seem to match what I remember from the VN/VP system.

I hope this helps.

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
no the door loom plugs were stuffed

i just matched up the wire colours from the main loom to the door loom wires, i have managed to get the passenger side working right but the drivers side just deadlocks instead of locking so when i turn the key it wont unlock it cause it is deadlocked.

i find it funny because when i turn the key to deadlock it deadlocks the passenger side without issue, but when i turn the deadlock off it is still deadlocked till i earth the unlock wire, witch i think it is meant to stay deadlocked till it gets the signal to unlock. thats when the drivers side will unlock

but in the end the drivers side only deadlocks it doesnt just lock.

my problem is when i bump the lock button on the door it deadlocks and the only way i can open the door is to reach over and lift the passenger door lock to get it to unlock.

i cant see where i have stuffed the wiring up on the drivers side but even when i swap over the acuators it still does it on the same side, so it cant be the acuator it has to be somthing i have stuffed up on

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Exactly which wire do you earth?

To me it sounds like you have the Black/Blue and Black/Red crossing somewhere for the actuator to dead lock.

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
i realy dont know what i have done but in the end i just took out the black and yellow wire and now it is working right

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
ok this is pissing me off it all works fine except when you try to use the remote wires and now it only does the passenger side.

this might be easier can someone take some photos of there drivers side door loom where is conects to the main loom so i can see where each wire hooks up to the other i think i cant get the wiring right.

this shouldnt be that hard i mean i have matched up the wiring from the main loom to the door loom so eyerything should work with out hassle

i earthed the brown and orange wire to get it to unlock and the brown and red to lock

thanks
Ben

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
try swapping black/yellow for black/Blue

unfortunately I forgot to take the manual to work with me today to scan in the page. If you can wait until tomorrow I will scan it.

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
yeah tried that and it stop working all together.

i am starting to think there is a problem with the main loom i am using maybe a couple of wires have split and it is shorting somewhere, cant expect much from something that is nearly 20 years old

if you could get me a copy it would be great

thanks mate

cheers
Ben