Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking Issue..

James_lowe123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Series II
Hello,
I am having some issues with my locking system.. when i put my car in Park (i have the auto lock when in Drive) my car unlocked but the locked itself again. if i unlock the car manually via the doors it stays unlocked but not when i use my keys to unlock the car it instantly locks itself but not to the point that the alarm is active :/ my mechanic said it might be a fault in the bcm module. I have turned the Auto lock when drive and still have the same issue.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Have you gone through the options menu at start up?

James_lowe123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Series II
Have you gone through the options menu at start up?
Yes sir gone through all the settings. as said i previously had turned on 'auto lock when drive' but i turned it off to see if it would help and still had the same issue even after turning it back on after testing..

BR00T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s2
Mine does the exact same thing to me. i think this happens when you lock the car door with your finger from the inside while driving then unlock it with your finger when you are getting out. it might be the same thing when you are using your key to unlock instead of using the button. Even after it locks itself again if you push the unlock button it will unlock and let you in without the alarm going off. I found that if you sit in the car engine off. lock it with the key button, then unlock it with the key button, open the door get out then lock it with the key button. seems to fix the issue

Last edited:

James_lowe123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Series II
Mine does the exact same thing to me. i think this happens when you lock the car door with your finger from the inside while driving then unlock it with your finger when you are getting out. it might be the same thing when you are using your key to unlock instead of using the button. Even after it locks itself again if you push the unlock button it will unlock and let you in without the alarm going off. I found that if you sit in the car engine off. lock it with the key button, then unlock it with the key button, open the door get out then lock it with the key button. seems to fix the issue
Seems to have fixed itself i noticed that the drivers side inside lock got stuck 3/4ths the way open when i unlock the car which might of tricked the system in thinking that it was being locked manually so therefore re locking itself.. might not be the case but it's the only thing i can think of. anyway it might be time for a new lock mechanism for that door or just some lubrication if that might help it not get stuck again in the future.