Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking not working

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
Hey guys and gals this is going to be a dumb question given the amount of knowlegde on this forum and i am pretty dumb anyways, disconnected my battery yesterday and now central locking is not working and car brake lights etc keep flashing, what the hell have i done???? :bang: the reason for me doing this is i am installing a new head unit and god why dont i just leave things alone :(:ranting:

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
is there an alarm in the car? if so you've made it think there has been a break in attempt reset that... if not check the computer for errors something may be wrong that just needs a reset also

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
nope no alarm, just standard CL, how do i reset it????? thanks

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
if its factory central locking on your car (your profile says vs) then it all goes into the computer for the car... those computers dont like the battery being touched and has a cry if you do touch it... you might have to go to an auto electrician to have him look at the computer in the car... if its remote central locking find the instruction book for it and check if there is a button combo on the remote to reset the central locking

H

HATER VP

yobbo88 said:
if its factory central locking on your car (your profile says vs) then it all goes into the computer for the car... those computers dont like the battery being touched and has a cry if you do touch it... you might have to go to an auto electrician to have him look at the computer in the car... if its remote central locking find the instruction book for it and check if there is a button combo on the remote to reset the central locking

If its along those lines then it would be a faulty BCM

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah could also be body control module (forgot about that) in that case is there a way to reset that? im driving a carby VH and love it none of these bloody computers buggering with stuff