Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

central locking problem

ktmarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina wagon
I'm new to the forum and need some help with my VS Berlina's central locking. The passenger front door lock is not responding when the remote is used to lock or unlock the doors.
It has been sticky in the past and I have taken off the interior trim and lubed the levers and pivots. Previously this has fixed it but this time it has not responded - can anyone suggest what else I should try?
Thanks,
Mark

spirto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice II
The simplest thing would be to just replace the module.
It is a common problem with VN-VT as the motor gets too weak to pull the lock down.
Modules in Adelaide retail around 10$ so hardly worth the trouble to fault find.

Thanks

ktmarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina wagon
Thanks for the info - but what exactly does the "module" consist of? At $10 I'm assuming you mean secondhand from the wrecker so just want to make sure I know what I'm asking for.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
The module is the central locking motor itself, the one thats mounted in the door. It is a common problem, ive found it happens more during/after rain for some reason.

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
to remove the motor, you need a star (torx) bit to unscrew the latch that the motor is attached to. if you dont have one... go through your flathead screwdrivers, you'll find one size will fit in nicely.

I'd only suggest it to be a faulty motor if you are experiencing a "jittery" motor. if you are not getting any movment AT ALL from the motor when you push the button... test the wires that go to the motor with a multimeter.

This will eliminate a broken wire. (and save you headaches of changing motors if you dont need to) but if you find the wiring is fine... then its a blown/stuffed motor. replace... and see how it goes from there.

ktmarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina wagon
Thanks for the ideas on what to try. Now I just need to find the time to have a go!

Mark

jaysonmcdonald9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey Guys,

Im experiencing the same problem with my VS Acclaim.....but this time it is the drivers door! I will try the above solution just wondering if there is anything special about the drivers door (like is it the Mother of the system and the other doors run off it) or is it just the same as the others and the above solution will work?

Also the indicators no longer flash when you press the remote central locking to open the other 3 doors......(I noticed this cutout when the drivers door stopped unlocking).....will this be fixed when the new module is installed?

Thanks alot!:thumbsup:

lucas_arts_182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
I have a porblem with my VS exec. The centeral locking will open all 4 doors, but when I go to lock the doors, only the drivers door, and the passengers side rear door lock. and the drivers side rear door aswell as the passengers side front door stay open. is it the same problem? moduals?

vs5ltre

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss manual
i found my car only locking 3 doors ... so i removed the door lock top and now it locks something to try aswell!!!

lucas_arts_182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
I can see the modual try to move the locks. but i noticed the stubborn locks are alot stiffer then the good ones. maybe cleaning and lubracation is in order? ill give it a go tomorrow and let you know how i go.