Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

central locking problem

2wild4u

Reaction score
hi, ive got a problem with my central locking on my vr statesman, if i use the remote or the drivers door barrel to lock the car it locks then the locks open again, but if i use the passenger door barrel to lock the car it is ok and all the doors stay locked, anyone else had this problem??????

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah mate one week mine is doing this and the next week it will be working like brand new. Peice of crap cant make up its mind, either break and stop working or work you cant do both!!! But as to fixing this problem i talked to my local holden workshop about it and it was going to be some crazy ammount just to look and find the problem, and no promises about then being able to fix it.

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Have u fixed it?

Mine does the same thing
My Passenger front door lock is jamed open, ive got to manully lock that door and then remote lock the other doors, but then sometimes the other doors in the back wont lock either.

Did u end up fixing it?
if so how?
thanks

volotre

Reaction score
Members Ride
As often as possible
How's your cars battery. My VR did the same every now and again but the battery was nearly dead. Once I replaced that all was well.

94 Stato V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Series 11 wagon, 2014 VF SV6 Storm Ute
Had a similar problem with an after market setup on a Hyundai. It turned out to be just needing a slight adjustment to the pushrod on the lock from the solenoid, all was sweet after that.

Tim

2wild4u

Reaction score
yeah, has been ok for a couple of days now, was the front passenger one playing up, was stiff in operation kept locking and unlocking it manually, to free it up, see how it goes