Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

central locking

spice_man2069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
hi every one , i have upgraded my vn ss to central locking a fair while back , i bought a genuine central kit off a guy who pulled it out of his calais, no he also sent me a remote which obviously is for the remote central, he rekons it worked fine in his car but i cant seem to see why it wont work in mine, is there other thing needed to make it work bar the remote and central locking modual,

it is an actuall remote from a vn/vp as well one of these ones
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLDEN-COMMO...QQihZ018QQcategoryZ102357QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

any help would be great, thanks James

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
My vp uses the same remote and it uses a theft deterent module located in the dashpad above the glovebox that is the reciever for the remote that directs the locking module to lock or unlock when you press the remote.The theft deterent module is tuned to work with the remote so only that remote works on only one car...did you get that module off the bloke with the calais?

spice_man2069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
unfortunatly i didnt get the theft deterant module, i might try and c if i can contect him and get it, markovr would you happen to have any pics of this module, or anyone else for that matter,
thanks James

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heres a vp one I have spare and a factory picture showing the location of it in a car
You can get a theft deterent module out of another car and get it setup to suit the remotes you have but I suppose thats another expense.If you get another one make sure you get the one that flashes the indicators as some didnt have this feature and its a pain not having any visual indication that you have locked the car. I put the same vp type factory system thats theft deterent and central locking in my dads vh commodore and it didnt have the flash feature.
Also there is a bypass switch you need to get that is turned by a separate key that is in the glovebox in the diagram on a vn and it is riveted to the lefthand door pillar on a vp or I suppose you could use another type of switch.

Attachments

• theft deter.jpg
    theft deter.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 7,524
  • theft deter 2.jpg
    theft deter 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,979
Last edited: