Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
gah!!!

my central locking is being a tard.

i click "unlock" and it opens the car but i tried opening my driver's door handle, gah, WOULDN'T OPEN!!! i fiddle around and can get in only when i manually put the key in the door lock and turn it.

the button isn't opening fully when i use the key. very annoyed. any suggestions? :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
the actuator has come off the pin inside the door. take off the door panel and hook it back up. too easy

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
yobbo88 said:
the actuator has come off the pin inside the door. take off the door panel and hook it back up. too easy

lol cheers its actually working now (and i did nothing!) the stupid thing!!! :yeah:

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
if its working again then the connection in your door has come loose and will let go again at some point when you close the door... get in there and fix it especially if its still partially connected as you will see how it goes and figure it out in 2 seconds

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
yobbo88 said:
if its working again then the connection in your door has come loose and will let go again at some point when you close the door... get in there and fix it especially if its still partially connected as you will see how it goes and figure it out in 2 seconds

i think it might have just been water logged? its been raining tons here?
if it happens again in the next few days i will...?

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
i would hope that in a vt you dont have water getting to the inside of your door. especially in the amounts to water log an actuator... im in sydney too and yes the rain has been insane!! but i have a vh with the worst door/window seals you will see and i havent had any probs. but if it works it works

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
it hasnt played up since, i was reading that if u open the vt+ model keys it erases memory, my key was loose, i tightened the screws havent had a problem, i think that was what was wrong!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Maybe if it was a v6 it wouldnt do it..try changing the engine..that might fix it.

Last edited: