Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Centre Console Cigar. Lighter Wiring

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
I have the cigarette lighter fitted in my centre console lid but it's not connected with the wiring tucked in the bottom half and put away....(Previous owner special work)

So I thought I'll put it all back together but I don't know exactly where to put the wiring through the lid... Everywhere I try it seems it will cut into the wiring etc...

So if anyone could take a photo of there centre console with the lid open, so I can see where the wiring goes...that would be great

this is the type I have
DSC00283.jpg

tittezzzvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6 Berlina & 5LT VP International
Ill take a snap of mine tomorrow for you

tittezzzvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
pics of wires

Hers a couple of pics of the factory wiring in my VP calais
Hope they help in some way

Attachments

• cig wires 2.jpg
    cig wires 2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 513
  • cig wires.jpg
    cig wires.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 543

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
Thank you for that... I finally refitted the wiring and cigar. lighter is working.

I don't understand why the wiring was cut, it had 4 wires completely cut and then tucked under the centre console with the wires close together.

tittezzzvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
it sounds like you have some wonderful last owner issues like i have in my vp
im wondering if the extra wires are for a light in the centre console ??

VNGURL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN COMMODORE Berlina 3.8L AUTO 1989
Hey everyone! I'm a new commodore (VN BERLINA) owner and would like to know if anyone can help me out.
My ciggie lighter is in the middle console (near the auto selector) and I can't seem to locate the fuse box for this or to test if it's even connected. This car was treated pretty poorly before I got it and trying to restore slowly with a little TLC.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Truly.
Thanks in advance y'all! :beer chug:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The cigarette lighter fuse is the last one in the row (#15) in the fuse panel underneath the steering column.

I have found that often the 'lighter socket doesn't work because the terminal that connects it to power has broken off it.

VNGURL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN COMMODORE Berlina 3.8L AUTO 1989
Aha.... I've been still trying to locate the fuse box and still no luck. Is there a chance it could be somewhere else perhaps? Also as per the image above that jgtoranalc has supplied, my lighter is not on the back of the centre console, it's in the middle near the automatic window switches are... I've pulled out the lighter and checked the connection it's all good there, so by the sounds of it, it is just a fuse... UGH... the technicalities of it all...

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The extra lighter socket in the back of the console is only on up spec. models like Calais and Statesman/Caprice.

There are only the two fuse block locations which are the one under the bonnet on the driver's side and the one behind the fold down cover immediately in front of the driver's knees.