Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

centre console cupholder

chad1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ute manual
hey guys,

i have done a search but im yet to find anything on how to remove the cupholder on the ve series 2 ute.
the reason i want to remove the cupholder is because i have taken the car back to holden for warranty issues and they had to strip out my whole interior to fix it. now since i have had the car back from the dealer me cupholder has a massive gap about 5mm on the side near the electric window switches. i have taken it back to the dealer but they wont fix it for me so im hopeing somebody has any info on how to remove or take the console apart so i could fix it myself.
thanks in advance

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
errrr... Dealer HAS to fix it!

chad1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ute manual
i have tried and tried but they keep telling me that the gap is normal but yet no other car has it. im taking it to holden head office. maybe they will help me.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I was told the same thing about the gap they left around my gearstick boot - ended up getting it replaced as the frame had warped - keep on at them, or ring Holden Assistance... those jokers should at least be able to handle that! CSP is right.. they HAVE to fix it.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
Er, mate take it back.

I took my VE in for them to realign some plastics, and they stuffed that up. I was told the same thing "All VE's have that", my response was "Go get the bodywork apprentice, and lets go into the new car lot and take a look shall we?".

Their response was, "Leave it with us, we will take a look again". Came back that arvo and it was perfect, huh, funny turn around of events I'd say.

Be firm with them mate, even if they say you accepted it as is, they warranty their work for 2 months out of the shop, so if it isn't right it's under warranty still! :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SV6
From memory there are two clips holding the small piece of plastic between the cup holder and center console, under that you will find two screws take them out. Now in the cup holder there is a piece of rubber, take it out to find another screw take it out. Now you need to remove to the piece of plastic that surrounds the electric window switches and gear stick, it is held on by 6 clips. This can be a pain in the ass but take your time and you should be able to get it out. After you have the plastic surround out you can get at the last clip that holds the cup holder in, you should be able to get a small screwdriver to help release the clip. Hope this helps....