Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Centre console storage

allun

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SV6
Hiya,

does anyone know if you can buy a centre console storage bin thingy to replace the blank panel shown in the photo? I know some models have the bin there, so is it just a replacement part that I might be able to get or is the underlying structure different?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 372

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The storage bin is used on VZ Climate Control dash panels, for some reason, it wasn't offered on the lower spec cars and doesn't fit.

If you have a look at the cars with the bin, they have the climate control panel and the upper centre dash is shaped differently, with the outside edge running across the top of the dash, immediately above the air vents. The bin sits in front of that.

Lower spec VZ's had the same panel as the VY's.

There have been plenty of posts about this subject - perhaps someone has managed to adapt a bin to the VY style dash panel?

allun

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SV6
thanks :thumbsup: i did a quick search before posting but since then have re searched with better search terms and found some more info.

Random side note - it's a bit weird being such a n00b on a forum, I have come to the SV6 from motorcycles, and on the various bike forums I was certainly not a n00b! Yet with the commodore I am tripping up over the most common knowledge.....ah well more reading of these forums is required I guess!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No worries mate - it will all come to you with time. Plenty of good advice and support available here on this forum.