Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Centre consoles

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
hey people,

just another quick one.

i am looking at getting the centre console with a glove box, cos im sick of not being able to rest my arm on the top of it, not to mention the added storage space. i would like to know if the auto and manual ones are different, or if it is just the cover over the trans hole in the centre console that is different. ie the square one for auto, and the round one for manual. or does the shape of the console underneath the cover also vary?

cheers.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I'm pretty sure the only difference was the hole for which the gear selector goes.

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
thanks. i was aware of the extra mounting point, but that shouldnt be too hard to overcome. i just wasnt sure is the basic designs were identical and its just the cover that is different.

cheers

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Has anyone used an auto high rise console to use a manual? I was thinking about picking up a spare and converting it into a manual console. The manual consoles are hard to get and rediculously expensive.

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
I managed to use my original VK Calais auto console for a manual conversion. From the underside of the console you can remove the auto section which contains the Park, Neutral, Reverse ect indicator.

Seeing as this part is removable I assume that a manual peice can be swapped in. I just made something up from 3mm mdf and black vinyl, with a VN shifter boot and original 5spd knob.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Have you got any detailed pictures? I'd love to see your work to get some ideas. I'm looking at putting in an 4 speed Aussie.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
I know the SL's are diffrent.No hi rise bit we're talking about & fairly bland.I've neva taken much notice as we have the hi rise in both cars.