Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

centre dash removal for wh statesman

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
ok. i've searched everywhere for this and cant find it. how do i remove the centre facsia woodgrain piece) where the stereo climate control etc.. is? i can find it anywhere??
thanx
paul:yeah:

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
Hey mate, you start by taking out the rubber bit in the bottom.
There will be two screws one on either side of the lighter port.
Undo these.
Then gently lift the bottom peice up from the back. (I normally use the window switch area / put you finger in the switch hole and you should be able to lift the back up. If not pull the switches out all together and then lift the back of the woodgrain up first.)
It is a very tight fit but if you are carefull it should be alright. once you get it loose you should be able to slide it back and up on an angle(Towards the back of the roof).
Once you get that out there are two screws at the bottom of the top section. Remove these and then the whole top section should just pull out. It is just clipped onto the dash with push in clips.

Once you do it once it is easy. I removed mine several times the last time being to paint it the custom colour that is on my car and to get rid off the horrible woodgrain. Each to there own but I'm not keen on it.
Hope this helps mate.
veeque92

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
one year later got the itch to remove the radio again!! and searching the net i found the answer to the question i asked 1 year ago! thanks mate will do that.

Cheers