Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Centre dash speaker in VE

stitchvessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Ute
Does anybody know of an after market speaker that fits in to replace the oe centre dash speaker on ve ss' etc?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Yeah I agree the centre speakers are crap. Depending on size and if they can be bought, buy an aftermarket replacement and go halfs with someone else wanting to upgrade their centre speaker. Are they a 4inch or 6inch speaker under there?

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
Centre speaker

the centre speaker is the sum of the left and right channels on the ve model, like all the other speakers in the car they are just a basic coax i think. I havnt actually removed one so i cant tell you what size it is. But to get the best out of your centre speaker, you need to run a 5.1 channel amplifier. The only one im aware of and heard is the alpine. which also used an alpine din mount centre speaker in a vz com. It sounded sensational. Like in good home cinemas and commercial cinemas they use centre speakers. It really helps the sound staging an imaging in your vehicle if set up properly. And of course because a car is the hardest environments to achieve optimum sound a centre speaker goes a long way to achieving this.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
the centre speaker is the sum of the left and right channels on the ve model, like all the other speakers in the car they are just a basic coax i think. I havnt actually removed one so i cant tell you what size it is. But to get the best out of your centre speaker, you need to run a 5.1 channel amplifier. The only one im aware of and heard is the alpine. which also used an alpine din mount centre speaker in a vz com. It sounded sensational. Like in good home cinemas and commercial cinemas they use centre speakers. It really helps the sound staging an imaging in your vehicle if set up properly. And of course because a car is the hardest environments to achieve optimum sound a centre speaker goes a long way to achieving this.

Soundstream have a 6 channel amp that can be run as 5.1, but its not due here til first quarter 09.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Sorry for reviving an old thread but does anyone know how to remove or disconnect the center speaker as it is the only problem i am having at the moment.

Cheers

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Ok i just had my audio system done for my VE and the ****ty center dash speaker is a 3 inch piece of crap. The installers disconnected the speaker and tried the standard system without it and it was definately noticeable as the sound was heaps clearer.

I would recommend a LC6 line out put converter for anyone looking to upgrade a ve system. i am happy with my results and i havent even put a subwoofer in yet.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OMG, the VE's have a center speaker? Damn, i'm looking at doing a centre speaker for my car in future so i can watch DVD's from my head unit in 5.1! The Sony 2DIN head unit (the only one on their site) already supports 5.1 channel output and can even recieve TV!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Soundstream do not have a 6 channel amplifier

I said it wasn't due until 2009. Part number is STL6.900. Its part of the new Stealth Series. Soundstream have new amps coming out their ears. Stealth series, D Tower Series, Rubicon series.

The 6 channel is a lot more than just a 6 channel. It can be a 6 channel amplifier or a 5 channel amplifier. It also has a center channel input and output to be used as a 5.1 theater amplifier. Finally, the crossover processing is very versatile, allowing the 6 channels to power a set of 3-way components with perfect crossover protection on all 6 drivers.