Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CGI fire/flames in TV

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Something that really shits me is the overuse in general of CGI. Movies like Blues Brothers, Italian Job (the proper 1969 version), proper Indiana jones (not that 21st century abomination), and original Star Wars had vision, creativity, genuine proper filmmaking.

If we watch something like 300 or The Avengers.....question is what isn't CGI. As a result of late I have turned off action film and tv, preferring drama, tasteful comedy, and documentary.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
give them blanks and then they have to spend money on firearm control so actors can handle kickback.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
give them blanks and then they have to spend money on firearm control so actors can handle kickback.
Recoil is governed by Newton's third law.
With no mass for the gasses to act upon, a projectile, there will be no felt recoil.

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
The gases shoot out of the barrel. Newton's laws apply. Otherwise rockets or a jet engine wouldn't work.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Recoil is governed by Newton's third law.
With no mass for the gasses to act upon, a projectile, there will be no felt recoil.
I'm no firearm expert by a long shot... but if that was the case, how does it eject the spent round and load the next one? I understand the recoil would be noticeably less but I would think it still packs a fair kick as the gases have to go somewhere.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I'm no firearm expert by a long shot... but if that was the case, how does it eject the spent round and load the next one? I understand the recoil would be noticeably less but I would think it still packs a fair kick as the gases have to go somewhere.
The extractor pulls the spent brass out of the chamber.
As for cycling the action I imagine they employ the same system as military weapons firing blanks, a constrictor is placed in the breach to keep the pressures high enough to cycle.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The gases shoot out of the barrel. Newton's laws apply. Otherwise rockets or a jet engine wouldn't work.
Ok the gasses would cause recoil, which would be negligible compared to a complete round since they have minimal mass.