Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Change information on Upper Center Display ? (SSV)

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
hey guyz.
wondering - on a VE SSV - the upper LCD has oil pressure and Voltage readings.
I was wondering if we can change this tome other information ?
or just majke it read the time and date like in the base OMEGA etc ?

cheers guyz.

-Geoff

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Geoff, from what I've read about a few people trying this, the display isn't capable of displaying info other than its intended purpose. They tried upgrading software for the display but with no luck.

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
gayy !!!

well..looks like l'm gonna take the whole thing out..its pointless !
if anything i'd rather have the time and date there aswell as the LCD screen...or atleast have guages and not crappy quality LCD crap.
thanks buddy.

Gorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Geoff, from what I've read about a few people trying this, the display isn't capable of displaying info other than its intended purpose. They tried upgrading software for the display but with no luck.

Not True. It can be done. The following thread is by someone who has upgraded the headunit in a SV6 using one from a Calais wreck. If you have a look at the photo's he has been able to do exactly what the OP is asking.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...27020-sv6-upgraded-headunit-stero-system.html

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Not True. It can be done. The following thread is by someone who has upgraded the headunit in a SV6 using one from a Calais wreck. If you have a look at the photo's he has been able to do exactly what the OP is asking.

I may have misunderstood the OP's question, but he asked about the upper display, which is showing oil pressure and battery voltage. He wants to know how to display other info here. You've linked a thread that shows a stereo upgrade, which shows an upper display showing oil pressure and battery voltage, which the OP already has.

disorganise

Reaction score
Members Ride
F2 GTS 2015
If look closely, it's not a proper LCD display - it's just some cut-out with red lights behind it . that's why it looks pants and can't be used for anything useful.

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
how about we just take away the crappy lcd panel and replace it with another LCD screen....a small one..shjowing front and reverese cameras ? hehe

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
You can program it to either a "Sports" display,which you have or "Standard" with Tech 2 when SPSing (service programming system) the display.

benji09ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.05 SSV UTE
i have a ssv ute, is it possoble to put the hsv gauges in.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
i have a ssv ute, is it possoble to put the hsv gauges in.

Yep but at a cost. You have to buy the whole centre console trim and replace the lot from what I've seen. A good auto sparkie should be able to install. Pretty sure it wires strait in but the sparkie can confirm.