Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Change S/plugs

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Is there a thread on here on how to remove Air intake Manifold....thanks

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There's a few of them. Do you have a SIDI or the standard Alloytec?

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there a thread on here on how to remove Air intake Manifold....thanks
It is the SV6 Ute...Feb 2008 built to 2009 Specs....195kW. V6 Engine Auto with 5 Speed Active Select....Alloy Tech High Output.....it has done 123000 kms…..with the engine never been touched....except oil changes at 8000kms, tyres, brake linings etc...never suffered with the timing chain problems...it is not the SIDI which was a later variant.....the good book says change S/Plugs at 120000kms.....thanks for your time...I can do the job myself...but want to know if there are hang ups to look for.....thanks.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au
Have a look at this site . Has some good tutorials . Just navigate to the holden section .
Yes there is some good info here....but does not show how to remove the Alloy air inlet manifold on the sv6 to gain access to the spark plugs....I am able to tackle the job myself....but wish to know if there are any problems to look for removal....I thought there maybe a thread here with some instructions etc.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
.....the good book says change S/Plugs at 120000kms..... .

I asked my regular service mech to change the plugs and coils for that reason, he asked if it was hard to start, fuel economy down, running rough or missing ……………. no, to all counts. His advice was to leave it until something like those things started to happen. 15Km later, still no problems.
Others may not agree with this.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It's a fairly simple process, the most difficult part is removing the fiddly pieces of hardware from the back of the manifold so you can lift it off. Then lifting it back on without disrupting the gasket.
Some people do it just by chocking up the manifold with pieces of wood but I like to go all the way and take it off. Then I've got full access to the top of the motor and can check and clean everything easily while it off.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is a good guide for your project.Good luck

This is a good guide for your project.Good luck

Thanks for the video.....I get the idea for the removal of the manifold.....it is exactly as I thought with the removal...I knew about the bolt up under the cowling at the back...but was unaware of what was connected to the back of the manifold....I think I will take FIGJAM'S advice and leave it until I finally do have to do the S/Plugs....I have included some pictures of my manifold.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 236