Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Change your o2 sensors

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Just changed both my o2 sensors yesterday car still had the original ones on it anyway it made a HUGE difference to how the car runs so if your o2 sensors have never been changed then I recommend you replace them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I replaced mine because it was fucked and throwing CEL's. But I really didn't notice all that much difference. I say if it was a later model with the two O2 sensors it would have made more of an improvement.

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I replaced mine because it was fucked and throwing CEL's. But I really didn't notice all that much difference. I say if it was a later model with the two O2 sensors it would have made more of an improvement.

I didn't expect much difference but I was amazed how much better it made my vx run alot smoother and more power

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Definitely agree mate, fuel economy is markedly better too if you have old as o2 sensors and replace them

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The whole efi system relies on the O2 sensor(s) to work and fine tune the system in closed loop mode. Modern efi is supposed to eliminate the need to "tune" vehicles occasionally to ensure peak performance and ensure the vehicle meets emissions requirements. Makes you wonder if we had California type smog tests if we would have to change those pesky O2 sensors sooner?

I've always believed O2 sensors should be considered a wearing item and need to be changed. We should consider ourselves lucky, I did a pair of O2 sensors on our VX and it cost about $120. Recently we did one O2 sensor on my boys Subaru, retail price was over NZ$500, trade was $395 but the parts guy was in a good mode and sold it to him for $295....

Last edited: