Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changed brake pads but have high pitch noise

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
changed brake pads / front and rear on my vt clubsport but they now have a annoyinging squeel / high pitch noise only when slowly coming to a stop . noise isnt there at normal speeds . any ideas .

VLDooD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo SOLD, VY Acclaim, VX Calais LS1
being a holden mechanic, i can tell you a few things about the clubbys...

if the pads are not genuine, they will squeek, you could put the best pads in, and will still make the same noise...

also check again if you have put the pads in the right way around, common problem which can cause a noise also.

if thats not the problem, going for a flog, warm the pads up, push the pedal hard, but not tilll abs kicks in and see how you go...

good luck.

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
yeah pads are in right way . but where does noise come from would it be from the clips or the metal prong things attached to pads . also anyone what is proper way to bed in .????

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
procedure is roughly like... drive at 60k's, brake with average force down to about 10 ks then release brake and accelerate back up to 60, drive a few hundred metres and brake again. Do this about 10 times and its done. Avoid hard braking for the first week or so.
What pads did you use, not Fredos i hope ?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Try using some anti-squeal paste

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
used bendix on the rear and qfm on front which are suppose to be equal if not better bendix ultimate .

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
i seem to remember hearing that the QFM 'ultimates' tend to squeel as they are a hard pad. I saw it in the GSL thread.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Did you replace the metal slide inserts? If those arent installed correctly they can rub on the disc sometimes