Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changed ECM, BCM and pim but no start

Zachg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Hey guy, so I have a vz sv6 that had a no crank issue and only working once we jumped the starter relay that we later found out it was a bad BCM. I found out that we could replace ECM BCM and pim with a matching key and it should all be plug and play. At the moment it is just cranking but doesn't turn over. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be happening. Also no code when we plug a scan tool in.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The ECU and BCM you replaced was it a carbon copy of your original number on yours.

Zachg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
If you are referring to the numbers on the compliance plate then yes I made sure I got the right one, Mine was a LY7 and the one I got matched it. Would there have to be some reprogramming involved?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Did you change the key head too

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well then it should work, are you getting spark and fuel? engine getting good earth? Is the light out on the dash before starting? Is your bcm and ecu getting good earth? Are the fuses and relays good, those big fuses in the engine bay.

Zachg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Well then it should work, are you getting spark and fuel? engine getting good earth? Is the light out on the dash before starting? Is your bcm and ecu getting good earth? Are the fuses and relays good, those big fuses in the engine bay.
All the fuses are brand new as well as the relays and got a good cleaning when we replaced them. I have a funny feeling I might have got sold the wrong items but I will go over and check the earths to make sure.

Amos518

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
All the fuses are brand new as well as the relays and got a good cleaning when we replaced them. I have a funny feeling I might have got sold the wrong items but I will go over and check the earths to make sure.
Did you find the problem...mine is the same.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You did swap the key as well didn’t you?

Amos518

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Hey guy, so I have a vz sv6 that had a no crank issue and only working once we jumped the starter relay that we later found out it was a bad BCM. I found out that we could replace ECM BCM and pim with a matching key and it should all be plug and play. At the moment it is just cranking but doesn't turn over. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be happening. Also no code when we plug a scan tool in.
I cranked mine for literally a minute or two and it finally started, whew! Unbelievable that it took so much to get going, but it's going!