Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changed ignition key barrel and

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
03 Vy ls1 changed ignition key barrel as wouldn't turn to start car,so put wafers in new barrel put car back together put key in and..... Wouldn't turn immobiliser off so no start ,so swore a bit pressed a few buttons and nothing ,went and got original key which **** itself around 2ish years ago and has been sitting in cupboard which Holden shop said was buggered well it now works !!! Buttons and all and new key won't very strange anyone got any ideas as to why ,and yes I went to Holden shop to ask and of course they just said 'another $160' and we will program you a new key for ya ' thanks

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
03 Vy ls1 changed ignition key barrel as wouldn't turn to start car,so put wafers in new barrel put car back together put key in and..... Wouldn't turn immobiliser off so no start ,so swore a bit pressed a few buttons and nothing ,went and got original key which **** itself around 2ish years ago and has been sitting in cupboard which Holden shop said was buggered well it now works !!! Buttons and all and new key won't very strange anyone got any ideas as to why ,and yes I went to Holden shop to ask and of course they just said 'another $160' and we will program you a new key for ya ' thanks
I herd any new key needs programming. I got a spare key cut with a new genuine keypad and programed for about $130 at Mr Minute at a shopping centre. You might be able to follow their diy instructions with the one you have. Worth calling them and ask.