Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changin Interior

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
Hi
If I buy a vn S1 Calais interior (not the dash) would it be fairly simple to put it in my S1 Vn?

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Yes aslong as you know what you are doing.

Didnt the calais come with electric windows though? So you will either have to keep your door cards or have a fun time changing over;)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Like ozzie said, it's pretty straightforward if you know what your doing, and you have the nessacary tools, sockets ect. Rear seats are a 4 piece assembly, the outer rear seats lift upwards towards the rear windscreen and slide off, the centre rear fold out is held on by 4 bolts, and the lower one piece half, lifts upwards form the back, then it's a matter of unhooking 2 brackets which you'll see under the seat. Depending on how much of the trim you buy, the cloth trims on the door cards are interchangable, and will require the door trim to be removed, you'll have to remove the window winder, either with a special tool, or with a shirt or similiar, (these heaps of info on the net about removing window winders-) if you choose to go electric windows, that's a pretty big job, and i really wouldn't recommend tackling it unless your really know what your doing, i'd get a prefessional to handle it for you, ...Id recommend getting the front seats on their existing rails, if possible, then it's just a matter of unbolting your existing front seats, and re-fitting the new ones,

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
thx guys, i might look at doin this in the comming weeks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Its easy. I swapped my vn interior for my donor vp s2. Was fun doing the dash but..