Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Cats, Tune?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Saving the dolphins on Friday. Finally got the car booked in to go from 100 cell to 200 cell and wondering if a tune is an absolute necessity? Exhaust guy doesn't seem to think it will throw a code or need tuning.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Saving the dolphins on Friday. Finally got the car booked in to go from 100 cell to 200 cell and wondering if a tune is an absolute necessity? Exhaust guy doesn't seem to think it will throw a code or need tuning.
Nah no tune needed, at worst just reset a code if it does throw one. Doubt it would though

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Chances are the rear o2 sensors have been turned off in the tune to suit the 100 cell cats so changing the cats won’t make any difference

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Correct gents. Had some Pacemaker 200 cell pancake type installed. No codes thrown. Drives fine, infact possibly better very low in the rev range. Observation also confirmed by the Mrs.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Changing from 100 to 200 cell cats on a VF 2 still won't meet EPA requirements, the VF 2 is Euro 4 and there are no 200 cell Euro 4 cats.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Yes. Full exhaust and cai installed around 120000km's ago. Fuel smell was getting slowly worse as time went on. Thought Id start with new higher cell cats and front o2 sensors. Might have reduced fuel smell and morning steam by 30%. Still needs a tune me thinks. Its always been fuelly. Was in talks with prominent mail order tuner about my options.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Changing from 100 to 200 cell cats on a VF 2 still won't meet EPA requirements, the VF 2 is Euro 4 and there are no 200 cell Euro 4 cats.
Its a VF series 1 if that matters. I'm hoping E85 will have me passing emissions testing if need be.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
how does the walkinshaw (difilippo) system pass when getting it fitted from the dealer?

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
how does the walkinshaw (difilippo) system pass when getting it fitted from the dealer?

Pretty sure it doesn't and I highly doubt any kind of testing is done by "authorised" Walkinshaw dealer in regards to emissions once vehicle is given back to dealership to sell on the forecourt. Pretty sure its a change over of the necessary parts depending on package, wack it on dyno does it get certain numbers Y/N back on truck and certificate comes out of a printer.
Happy days :)