Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing colour of dashlights

whhsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
There is a lot of talk about changing lights to led, but what i would like to know is where u can buy the covers to go over the standard globes. I own '00 wh statesman which has the green covers, and would like to know where u can buy the red or blue covers

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
I know NARVA make them, so I would try somewhere that stocks a decent amount of Narva products. I know Sprint Auto Parts on Main North Road, Blair Athol SA have them.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
I got a led kit off ebay for 17.99 + 2.50 postage for my vr works a treat as for the condoms I did that in my vt and it didn't work because its the dial face that is tinted green you need some higher powered globs as well hope it helps

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I get mine from auto pro

they always have them in stock for T5 or T10

narva brand

but with the green backing on the clusters you cant really change the colour to anything else.
I ended up putting led strips in mine now there pale blue instead of green

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i wouldnt bother with the condom sleeves or the cheap ebay LED kits specially not on a stato. as some1 else already said the globes just dont cut it and then u have the hassle of the green film its really a waste of time man. Tho if u do go down that path carful with the high powered globes that u can get they do tend 2 melt the plastic.