Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing dash lights

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
In the 1st link ive given to the Blue LED Conversion thread, in the 1st post there is a link to some images on how to dismantle the dash, and also some images
that they took while doing the conversion, including the positive and negative polarity terminals to solder to.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=19176

Take a look at that link aswel Karlos, this is one of the members that did the conversion and changed the guage over to the white face with the blue tinge through
the numbers. I think there is only one place in Aus you can get these custom designed blue guages from as they are American made.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah i've been keen to make mine blue aswell, but i was sure it was a lot more complicated than what you've done. Isn't the green shade applied to the plastic aswell, like its not just a transparent whitish colour is it?
Why did u change it back to green? Did you change all the other switched and controls etc?

Went back to green caus greens becoming the most original color... everyone is goin red or blue! lol

PLus my exterior lighting when green after my mate got me green neons... :p

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Went back to green caus greens becoming the most original color... everyone is goin red or blue! lol

PLus my exterior lighting when green after my mate got me green neons... :p

hey jesterarts if its possible and if u take ur cluster and aircon out can u take pics of the back of them 2 see wat u mean by theres no green? coz i could b wrong but they use different shades of green n white on them so the globes light them up evenly as theres only a few globes in each section if not i cant see how it would light up properly? if its true tho i might get u 2 right down some part numbers so i can chase some up and make the conversions alot easier 4 others would b a big help man.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
next time i got the dask appart i will have a look....
Though not planning on ripping it apart anytime soon mate...

laters

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
thats cool i got my fingers crossed a globe will blow soon :p coz i know that'll give u the ****s hahahaha

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
lol... yeah it would drive me nuts...lol
Though i replaced all my globes just a couple months back....

I got abit of spare time in the next couple weeks so i might get bored n take it apart...

Jst gonna be a more pain in the arse caus i installed my headunit bracket into the plastic and metal...

I'll see

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
pretty easy...
start with the bit thats around ur shifter.
there are 2 screws near the cig. lighter.. reset is clips... Dunno how to get it over the shifter cause i got manual...

Next is the main big bit.
2 screws either side of the headunit, 2 above the gauges, 3 around the bit u pull down to get to the fuses.
Then disconnect the switches... Mode, Headlight, Fog and Trac

Thats the main fiscad or whatever off...

aircon n that easy enough u can see the screws, just gotta get the temp adjuster rob thing off at the back aswell as the lil pipes for switching which area is getting blown at..

Aircon n demister switches last...

Now u can take the globes out the back of that n take it apart further to scrape that green crap off...

Gauges is 2 screws from what i remember and 2 clips... then disconnect the data cable...

Take the headlight switch out of the main dash bit n disassemble it to get to the globes inside... Pain in the arse! take the switch knob of first (it pulls off) and then the plate with the symbols... bang.. theres the globes...

The green globes that are in the powerwindow buttons are wired in and i haven't played with those so dunno...

Hope that helps n Good Luck!
Don't mind me.

Last edited:

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
Why does everyone go for blue? Its not a very soothing colour to look at, at night. If I were to change the colour of the illumination, I would change it to the orangy/red that BMW have.

done_cleaned_dark.jpg