Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Engine Mounts V6 Ecotec VS

pomiedore vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim series 11 v6
G'day guys,

Replaced the engine mounts today and found it a breeze.
I found that you need to remove the brackets from the block and then everything just falls into place
with a minimum of effort.
I actually found it was more difficult to change the transmission mount.
Be patient and give yourself room to work.
The a/c compressor needs to be moved out of the way and the p/s pump needs to come out.

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
PITA job, particularly the passenger side.
I am half way through changing both engine mounts on my VS and am stuck trying to align the passenger mount so it goes through the 2 holes in the crossmember.
It is more than an inch out from the holes and will need a lot of persuading with some sort of lever.
I'd rate it as one of the worst jobs I have ever done car repair wise to be honest.

Anyway, back to it to try and get that last mount in the holes :hmmm:

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
Spent the best part of the day trying to align this mount... not a happening thing !

I don't know the history of the 2 new engine mounts I was given, other than they were purchased from ebay over a year ago for a VP.

Something is not right with the mounts or the car. There is no evidence of any smash repair and it drives straight.

Not really sure what to do other than put one of the old broken mounts back in for now.
That itself requires pulling the air con compressor off again.
Very frustrating for sure.