Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing from petrol to gas - stalling!

Jay09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII acclaim
Hi,
I just bought a VY II commodore acclaim which is on duel fuel. Ive found it a bit rough starting up. Im new to duel fuel so maybe its how it is? After its been running a bit its fine. But also Ive tried to change from petrol to gas when idolling just after i start up, and it stalls. This is also then same if im driving and try to change from petrol to gas. Is this normal?? It seems to be fine when changing from gas to petrol.

Help!
Thanks in advance.

SwordFish

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vZ
When you change between fuels, put the car in Park, raise the revs to about 1500rpm and THEN press the button, should work fine.

Source: I have a VY on LPG!

jackels

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy with SS kit
Hi,
I just bought a VY II commodore acclaim which is on duel fuel. Ive found it a bit rough starting up. Im new to duel fuel so maybe its how it is? After its been running a bit its fine. But also Ive tried to change from petrol to gas when idolling just after i start up, and it stalls. This is also then same if im driving and try to change from petrol to gas. Is this normal?? It seems to be fine when changing from gas to petrol.

Help!
Thanks in advance.

+1 Swordfish

it will always stall(regular lpg setup) if you try and switch from petrol to gas, unless you hold the revs high 1500-2000. My gas man recommended to avoid changing from petrol to gas while engine is running as it could possibly backfire.