Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Heater core VT

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Hey guys well im seriously thinkin bout changing the heater core on the VT myself next week, ive read the manual how 2 strip the car and it doesnt seem 2 difficult (just time consuming if anything). Neways i havent found much info or how-to's on ppl doin the heater cores themselves so if any1 has any tips or advice let us know.

So far i know i need 2 drain the coolent 4 obvious reasons but 2 b sure all the coolent is out wats the best way 2 insure that happens? (mainly need it out of the heater core area)

Also the aircon gas needs 2 b taken out tho my compessor has been leakin 4 some time and doesnt get cold at all nemore. Would i still need 2 get some1 2 vacume if any gas is inside??

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
im soon to undertake this task myself.. and boy am i not looking forward to it

as for the aircon legally, yes it has to all be recovered... but can be done just like a tyre valve tho.. but is illegal

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
im soon to undertake this task myself.. and boy am i not looking forward to it

as for the aircon legally, yes it has to all be recovered... but can be done just like a tyre valve tho.. but is illegal

well my concern is so i dun get charged 2 get it discharged n since my compressor has been leaking will there b any gas in there coz it dun get cold??? i assume if i press this valve ur talkin bout nothing will come out if thats the case?

Also had a bit of a look can i clap the 2 heater hoses goin into the fire wall 2 save flushing/loosing all the coolent? will clamping the hoses do any damage 2 them?

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
If ya just disconnect the hoses to the heater tap uinder the bonnet and tie them up you wont loose as much..

and if theres still gas in there you can let it out by holding the valve down but it is illegal to do so but thats up to you lol