Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing interior color in VT

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
How much hassle is involved in changing the interior of a VT? I figure seats and door and easy change outs, carpets and roof slightly annoying. How hard is the dash etc to obtain and change?

Estimated cost of job to go from Standard Beige interior to Standard Grey interior.

Cheers

-Slippy

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
As you say the seats and doors are the easy part. From my experience the roof, dash and carpet turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. I did it years ago on a Citroen and about half way through I regretted starting. It took days and days to pull everything out and then it never went back the same.

Although, if you dont need to replace the top part of the dash as they are all grey, and just need to do the bottom parts such as the glovebox, then that will save a lot of hassle.

It is a big project and I would only consider if you have patience and time.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
ay m8 i took everything out my vx all the console dash everything to paint everything that was grey got painted blck it and took me 16 hrs to take it out and put it all back in with painting, but that was my first time so that will give u an idea m8

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
Dang. Can you actually get the genuine dash in grey or is it an aftermarket or painting job? What does the dash usually go for?

Cheer

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr