Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Maf

koges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CLUBSPORT
My clubby has a MAF sensor fault , is this easily changed or do I need my mechanic to do.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
You can do that your self it’s very easy,if not sure just study it for a while and use your fone to take fotos,disassemble and re assemble,only tool you will need is a good flat head screw driver,unclip wiring harness,undo airbox clamp,pull air intake tube towards you,undo clamp on eng side and pull maff off,on reassembly make sure you have the arrow on maff pointing to engine,put maff on and wiring socket is pointing to air box,push on air box n tighten up clamps,engine doesn’t need any resetting,just start n enjoy driving.

koges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CLUBSPORT
You can do that your self it’s very easy,if not sure just study it for a while and use your fone to take fotos,disassemble and re assemble,only tool you will need is a good flat head screw driver,unclip wiring harness,undo airbox clamp,pull air intake tube towards you,undo clamp on eng side and pull maff off,on reassembly make sure you have the arrow on maff pointing to engine,put maff on and wiring socket is pointing to air box,push on air box n tighten up clamps,engine doesn’t need any resetting,just start n enjoy driving.

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
As you need to ask how to do a reasonably simple change over job, how do you know the MAF sensor itself is the actual reason for the fault?

koges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CLUBSPORT
As you need to ask how to do a reasonably simple change over job, how do you know the MAF sensor itself is the actual reason for the fault?
Has just started running rough , had to get inspection for rego and asked my mechanic to have quick look if he had time , hooked up to computer and came up with engine p0102 fault .

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
You could have an air leak after the sensor. Or it is dirty. Get a can of MAF cleaner, pull the air cleaner off to expose the MAF and follow the directions on the can. Those little buggers tend to get a little road grime on them and can throw codes. B.