Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Omega headlight globes, W.T.F!

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
Hey guys.
Bought my girlfriend a new set of VE Eclipse "ice white" headlights for her 2008 Omega.
I have changed my VR globes with the same ones and it turned out great, though of course as per usual with the Omega's, there is a problem.
Upon unscrewing and pulling out the current globes, i have noticed that typically the Omega's globe set up is different than all of the other VE's, in that to replace the lights, you have to buy the globes attached to the little plastic unit (im sorry i don't know the correct termanoledgy's).

Here is an example of what i've purchased.
2eoz2w8.jpg

And here is what i believe i need.
2h5mzom.jpg

Is this correct? If so, where should i go to purchase some brighter, whiter globes in this style?
I've scoped out ebay with no luck.

Cheers.

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
The ones you bought are H4 and the bottom ones are either H9 or H11

EDIT: I'd say that you need H11s however you can modify H9s to suit as explained here. I did this to my VZ ute and they were slightly brighter.

Thanks for that information mate, but i don't think i made myself clear.
The pictures aren't exactly what i bought/need, just the style. Eg, the top ones are the simple plug in ones with the two arms, the bottom ones come attached to a plastic unit that plugs in to the headlight cables on the Omega. Just wondering where to get the ones that fit the Omega's (with the plastic unit attached), as i can't seem to find any.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
The pictures aren't exactly what i bought/need, just the style. Eg, the top ones are the simple plug in ones with the two arms, the bottom ones come attached to a plastic unit that plugs in to the headlight cables on the Omega. Just wondering where to get the ones that fit the Omega's (with the plastic unit attached), as i can't seem to find any.

you've got your low and high beams mixed up...
H7 is your low beam, and they are the outer lamps.
H9 are high beam, and they are your inboard lamps.

there are no "extra plastic clippy things" involved anywhere...

H9 have the 90 degree bend and loom plugs in there.... as per highbeam..
low beam H7 fits into light housing and has a retainer hold it in place, and loom plugs directly to back....

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
As the others have said, you simply bought the wrong globes. You need H7 globes for your low beam and H9 globes for your high beam.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

1. Pull out bulb
2. Cross reference with this chart:
NokyaActicWhite_chart.jpg

3. Go to eBay and type in the bulb type
4. ???
5. Install
6. Profit!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Failing that, look in the owners manual. It will have a bulb specification chart in there. I don't know how you didn't have any luck on eBay... there is 37,000 results for H7 bulb and 2000 for H9 bulb.