Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing out fuel pump vz sv6

jd71

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 sv6
Hi guys,

My car is stationery in my garage, job is above my skill level, mostly the jacking up and taking out and putting back the fuel tank, so I need to get someone to do it. What would be a ok price for someone to do it do you guys think if I supply the fuel pump?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A couple of hours labour at worst.
$110hr labour

Might get some change.

Brayden3223

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Lumina
I managed to do it myself in a couple of hours, it’s definitely easier if you have an extra set of hands, I put the rear of the car on ramps, put a jack under the fuel tank with a few things under it to distribute the weight evenly, undone the straps for the tank and had someone slowly lower the jack while I steady the tank, then I removed the hoses to the fuel pump with a tool from super cheap used a block of wood to undo the old fuel pump (the fuel pump needs the ring to be loosened hence using a wood block to help knock it loose) and siphoned the tank into a couple of jerry cans, put the new pump in, connect the hoses and wires and put it back up. Then poured the petrol back in and she was running! The hardest part in my opinion was getting the tank back up just because it needs to be aligned to the fuel flap.