Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing parts between series 1 and 2??

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Hey guys,

just asking a quick q for a mate. He was wondering if you are able to swap parts from a series 2 S Pack eg. (S pack cluster, door trims etc) to a series 1 excec commy?

Cheers

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I don't think you can swap the cluster as some of the gauges will read backwards. Please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
for what model commo?
Gathering it's int eh VY section, i presume Series 2 to Series 1.

Door trims and all that other stuff yes, bodywork didn't change. However, as for the cluster, not too sure on that one. You might have to change over the BCM as well. But not 100% sure.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Be Careful!

The clusters are a straight swap between the same series, though the cluster may need a Tech2 programming at your local dealer to be set to your car.

As previously mentioned, if you swap S1 and S2 clusters, the fuel guages will work back to front and make your DTE useless. This can be solved by changing fuel sender units at a cost of about $400 (three years ago). Best to make sure that the cluster is from the same series.

In the VY, the change from single window trip copmputer to three window is a straight forward swap as well provided it is from the same series. A Tech2 programming and away you go. However, the odometer can only be reset to your car kilometres in a new cluster (less than 100 km), unless you take it to an instrument overhaul facility.

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
hmmm now to find a series II S pack crashed with 20,000 km on the cluster :p